On May 15th, the Department of Transportation of Ho Chi Minh City organize a program launching ceremony on piloting inspection of motorbike emissions in circulation, aiming to control the emissions of motorbikes circulating in the area of Ho Chi Minh City.
Program by the Department of Transportation of Ho Chi Minh City and Vietnam Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers and Institute of Transport Science and Technology (Ministry of Transport), to assess the current status of emissions of motorcycles circulating in the city; surveying and assessing the socio-economic impacts of motorbike and motorcycle exhaust control on people, state management agencies and relevant organizations; building and proposing solutions and policies to experiment emission control.
Mr Bui Hoa An, Deputy Director of Ho Chi Minh City Department of Transport, evaluated that air pollution and noise pollution in transportation activities in big cities like Ho Chi Minh City is a pressing situation and greatly affects the health of people. people.
Therefore, through this launching program, the City aims to propagandize to raise people’s awareness about the benefits of controlling motorcycle and motorcycle emissions. This program is voluntary, surveyed, has not put the issue of inspection and control, but issues of response of the people as well as their responsibilities and rights when participating.
In this experiment phase, people can bring their own motorcycles to the agency of common transportation brands in the market are Honda, Yamaha, Piaggio, SYM and Suzuki to register to participate in free emissions testing (encourage the vehicles have been used for over 5 years).
List of 8 stores that receive registration for motorcycle emissions inspection:
- Honda Sơn Minh store (276-278-280 Lý Tự Trọng, Bến Thành Ward, District 1).
- Honda Tường Nguyên store (212B Nguyễn Trãi, Nguyễn Cư Trinh Ward, District 1).
- Honda Tân Long Vân store (167 Trần Quốc Thảo, Ward 9, District 3).
- Honda Hào Quang store (125 Phan Đăng Lưu, Phú Nhuận District).
- Yamaha Town store (38 Trương Quốc Dung, Ward 10, Phú Nhuận District).
- SYM Phú Lộc store (405 Nguyễn Kiệm, Phú Nhuận District).
- Piaggio Sapa store (169 Cộng Hòa, Tân Bình District).
- Suzuki Dire Shop (2 Phổ Quang, Ward 2, Tân Bình District).
Source: Department of Transportation of Ho Chi Minh City online newspaper.